In addition to our face-to-face interpreting service, Language-Empire also ensures that all of our Face to Face Interpreters meet the required government standards;
Vetting and Selection
1. Undergo strict selection and appointment procedures
2. Have a Enhanced CRB Clearance
A. Advanced Level Interpreters
B. Intermediate Level Interpreters
- DPSI (Oral and Written)
- DPSI Oral only
- Community Interpreting Level 3
- MA in Interpreting & Translation
- MA in Interpreting
- MA in Translation
- BA Hons. Interpreting & Translation
- Diploma in Interpreting & Translating
- Interpreting in Health and Social Care
- Introduction to Public Service Interpreting
- Open University Interpreting Course
- UK Lang Related Degree with interpreting component.
- Certificate in Professional Interpreting
- Metropolitan Police Test (including simultaneous interpretation
- Home Office Approved and Assessed Interpreter
- City & Guilds Interpreting Course
- AIT Assessment (formerly IAA assessment)
- IND Assessment (Home Office)
- Studying towards DPSI
- Studying towards Community Interpreting
- Studying towards MA in Interpreting And Translation
- Studying towards MA in Interpreting
- Studying towards MA in Translation
- Studying Towards BA Hons in Interpreting and Translation
- Recognised language degree from a UK University
- Recognised English degree from a foreign University
- Overseas Language Related Degree
- Overseas Degree Interpreting or Translation
- Police Force assessment
- Reference with language assessment Other Public Sector Trained / Approved Interpreter
- Other Language Service Assessment, proven experience as an interpreter
1. Have the personal qualities necessary to allow you and your message, not their translation, to remain in control
2. Carry our company ID
3. Are regularly monitored
4. Adhere to our code of ethics and will treat your interpreting session sensitively and confidentially
5. Have specialised working knowledge of different sectors, for example, law, medicine, social services, sciences and technology
6. Have a working knowledge of their native language and the linguistic and cultural norms of British society
7. Can work independently and confidently.
On-going Training and Development
1. Are provided with basic in-house training
2. Are provided with an insight into certain specific organisation to increase their knowledge of the Public Sector. Our training methods include written information and internet information.
3. Are provided with in-house training sessions with professionals specific to a public sector organisation.
4. Are trained to work with different cultures and understand the Equality Policies in place.
5. Are regularly updated with current legislations. For example, safeguarding children’s legislation, vulnerable peoples legislation etc.
6. Strictly adhere to our Race Relations, Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety policies.